Vanilla Fir PDO Premium Organic Honey 325g by Apiceuticals
VANILLA FIR – PDO || Premium Organic Honey
The ONLY Greek Honey with Protected Designation of Origin (PDO) and one of the most valuable honey-treasures worldwide. VANILLA FIR Premium Organic Honey is exceptionally thick - it is a diamond in the rough. It has distinctive cream-colored shades, which is why it is called “Vanilla Fir”. It is sustainably extracted with our premier organic practices, which is why it sustains its many superfood nutritional elements. It packs a honey-punch with an unparalleled caramel-like taste.
✓ TASTE: Unique the world over, with underlying vanilla and caramel flavors, and a lingering, satisfying aftertaste. Mildly sweet due to its low Glycemic Index.
✓ AROMA: Mild hints of woodsy forest and silent caramel notes
✓ COLLECTION PERIOD: Summer Season
✓ HARVEST LOCATION: Mount Mainalon, Arcadia, Greece
LIMITED PRODUCTION IN SMALL BATCHES
The scarcest Greek Honey
The ONLY with Protected Designation of Origin
Premium Organic Honey "Vanilla Fir” is the only Greek Honey with Protected Designation of Origin (PDO). It is harvested in our own organic apiaries, from the black firs of Mount Mainalon in Arcadia - which reaches a height of 1500m. It is a renowned product for its taste and low sugar concentration. It is light in color, a shade between pearl and vanilla. We gave it its first name because of its vanilla-like color, but in no way does it imply vanilla in any form.
From Mount Mainalon, in Arcadia, Greece at a height of >1,500m
Mainalon is the tallest mountain in the Mainalon highlands of the Peloponnese, located in Arcadia, Greece. In antiquity, the mountain was especially sacred to Pan (the Great God of tremendous power, Lord of fertility, and wild nature). Natura (2000) cites Mainalon as the Greek fir’s best representation in Peloponnisos. The mountain is home to many forests of the Abies Cephalonica species of Greek fir, which is native to the mountains of Mainalon. It is a medium-sized evergreen coniferous tree growing to 25–35 meters tall, which lives at altitudes of 900–1,800 m. This is where our bees harvest our Organic Vanilla Fir Honey treasure, making it special in taste and origin.
It is thus the most unique and superlative honey in the world. You will never taste a higher masterpiece of organic bee craftsmanship. It is the Mona Lisa of honeys.
Unique worldwide honey-treasure
Unparalleled Caramel-like taste
Smooth. Soft. Delicious. A true, deep, rich treasure of Vanilla-Caramel flavor. You will recognize it as an instant classic. It stimulates your tongue with a sweet, buttery taste, and leaves you with a warm, woodsy aftertaste. It stands out with its distinctive appearance: "golden" reflections rippling through it like a gold leaf honey rainbow, with notes of pearly whites. That's why we call it "Vanilla".
Superfood Health Benefits
Pure Greek super-nutrition with maximum health enhancements
- Beneficial stomach properties, due to its gentle yet rich texture and nutrients.
- Potent for restoring the body’s adaptive and immune response systems, because it has a higher quantity of precious minerals and metals (phosphorus, potassium, calcium, magnesium, and iron) than all other types of honey.
- Anti-viral, anti-bacterial, and antiseptic action in the whole body and especially the respiratory system, as well as protecting against bad breath.
- Recommended for a balanced low-calorie diet, due to its lower sugars than other kinds of honey.
- May also be recommended for diabetics in small doses.
- Helps with weight loss and treatment for obesity, by speeding up metabolism and satisfying your cravings for sweets—without giving you a lot of sugar or any fat. This is essential for the daily dose of serotonin you need to be happy.
- Those who need to lower their calorie intake (and appropriate for diabetics in small doses).
- People with mild sweet preferences or those with a sweet tooth who need to lower their sugar intake, kids included.
- Those who need soothing for stomach ulcers or other gastrointestinal stressors.
We, at Apiceuticals, prepare each bee product by hand in small batches on our farm in Arcadia, Greece, ensuring the highest quality therapeutic health enhancements for your body, mind, and skin. To safeguard our bees, we only harvest up to 60% of our beehives’ production, leaving at least 40% of their honey on the honeycombs, while implementing a course of well-balanced methods to ensure sustainability for our Earth, our pollinators, ourselves, and the many generations to come.
This precious honey has been sustainably extracted by using the centrifugal force method and with absolutely zero heat. That's why it sustains all its BENEFICIAL NUTRIENT ELEMENTS, its unparalleled flavor, and its unique taste.