Top Herbs for Liver Support
The liver plays a vital role in keeping your body clean and in providing a large variety of the compounds that you need to survive. The liver is the largest gland in the body, and it is crucial for health. Your liver is responsible for the following functions:
- The liver regulates the levels of various essential chemicals in the blood.
- The liver produces and excretes bile into the digestive tract in order to help break down the fats you eat, and in order to remove waste from the small intestine.
- Your liver is responsible for the production of certain important proteins.
- Your liver plays a role in the regulation of glucose in the body, and it therefore releases and stores glucose as necessary.
- The liver stores iron and processes hemoglobin in order to regulate iron and red blood cell production.
- The liver filters blood to remove harmful toxins and pathogens from the blood, and it is responsible for metabolizing and removing certain drugs as well.
- The liver produces various immune factors that play crucial roles in supporting the immune system of the body.
- The liver processes and removes bilirubin from the blood.
- The liver regulates the blood clotting process of the body, which is vital for wound healing.
- The liver produces cholesterol for the rest of the body.
- The liver removes bacteria from the blood stream and is therefore crucial for protecting the body.